Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Interview with Paula Engels, speaker at the 2007 CANLP Conference, April 13 – 15

Interview with Paula Engels, speaker at the 2007 CANLP Conference, April 13 - 15 .

Presentation title: The "All You Can Eat Buffet" Approach to Creating Success.

Would you please provide a brief overview of your background (e.g. when did you first start to study NLP, what level of training have you achieved).

I first started studying NLP in 1992 after staffing several Firewalk and Date With Destiny Seminars with Tony Robbins. I was a writer, with my own corporate communications company, and I wanted to learn how to reach people the way Tony could. After my first NLP Practitioner Training with Tad James, I was hooked. I went on to take the Master Practitioner and Trainer’s Training.

What is your current business practice and what role does NLP play?

At first I studied NLP to enhance my communication skills, and because I enjoyed the learning. Once I took the Master Practitioner and then the Trainer’s Training I knew I had to share this technology, so I began a small NLP coaching practice. Today I still have my corporate communications business, I coach individuals, and I also use my NLP and Solutions Focus skills as a corporate consultant and team builder.

Would you please provide a brief summary of your presentation at the CANLP conference and indicate the key points that someone in your audience can expect to learn?

When a consultant is called into a company it is usually because management is aware that there are problems. Rarely do we get a call because things are going really well and they want to build upon their strengths to get to the next level. However, like with individuals, although they are noticing what is wrong with their picture, there is a lot more going on that is “right”, and it is a matter of focus, perspective, perception, and the energy created in the resulting paradigm that determines their experience and the level of their success.

Would you please provide a brief summary of your presentation at the CANLP conference and indicate the key points that someone in your audience can expect to learn?

Our workshop will be experiential and fun. We will demonstrate how shifting our focus from analyzing the situations that we don’t want, deciding what we do want, and noticing how much is working (and doing more of it) can lead to solutions that support and encourage positive transformation in any system.

Participants will learn several techniques to facilitate moving toward what they want more easily and effectively which they will be able to use on themselves, as well as with individual and group clients.

For those who would like to learn more about you, do you have a website that they can visit or a way that they can easily contact you?

paula.engels@videotron.ca

No comments: